Module 1 is theory. The focus is on how to bring yoga, heart and well-being to children. In Module 1 the following topics are covered:
- Why we practice yoga with children.
- How to bring rules & disciplines into your classroom.
- Age appropriate discussions on how to teach children & structure classes relevant to the age of a child.
- Exploring the emotional, mental & physical benefits of yoga exercises for children.
- Yoga poses & how we can use these to create a dynamic, fun & interactive class for children.
- Teaching children how to breathe deeply bringing a calm & mindful way to their lives.
- Practical examples of meditative & energizing breathing exercises.
- Preparing children for warm-up or Asana.
- Exploring story & yoga Asana.
- Creating stories for the main part of yoga classes for children.
- Exploring yoga, games, imagination & music for yoga classes for children.
- Exploring affirmations, meditations & visualizations for yoga classes for children.
- Learning Savasana & how to bring relaxation to children.
- Teaching yoga to children with special needs.
- Using props, using music, games & more.