Welcome to this
Meditation & Inner Child Training.
By providing the opportunity to devote attention to the processes that underlie mindfulness and explore scientific findings related to mindfulness, this training is different from other programs in many respects. In this way, this training provides participants a better, more complete understanding of mindfulness and the inner child movement.
Mindfulness is a lot more than a strategy to manage difficult situations, it is a way to cultivate a more balanced relationship to oneself in relation to the realities of life. Mindfulness can better be understood as a way of being and living rather than a tactic or strategy for life. It entails many different facets and elements. By choosing one specific element of mindfulness to study and practice on a weekly basis, we hope that over time you will experience an in depth understanding of the fulsome nature of mindfulness.
In this training, you will benefit from:
- One deep-dive into a specific c element of mindfulness per session.
- Integrating information and practice with scientific evidence and insights.
- Detailed explanations covering the reasons for certain practices.
- Small practices that aim to increase mindfulness into children’s daily lives.
- Understanding the foundation of processes that mindfulness rests upon.
- Touching base with our inner child.
- Ways to teach children mindfulness.
- Weekly presentations & Homework assignments.
Who Should Take This Training & Why
The MindfulMovement4Kids Workshop is for:
- Professionals seeking to expand their current skill set (occupational therapist ).
- Parents or other caregivers wanting to teach children the art of mindfullness.
- Children’s Yoga Teachers, Adult Yoga Teachers or School Teachers.
Anyone participating in this training must be in good health (mentally and physically) and have stable personal circumstances to complete this course with the focus and dedication it requires.
Our MindfulMovement4Kids Workshop focuses on the processes that define mindfulness while exploring related scientific findings. This workshop provides participants with a complete understanding of mindfulness and movement in association with yoga.
You’ll learn strategies, and mindful practices that support positive states of mind such as gratitude, kindness, joy, and compassion; states which are essential for us all. Mindfulness means maintaining a moment-by-moment awareness along with an honest observation of our thoughts, emotions, bodily sensations, and surrounding environment.
Being mindful has a variety of research-backed impacts, including reductions in anxiety, improvements in
feeling satisfied, the ability to better regulate emotions and the improved ability to focus and find joy.
Detailed Description of Content Covered
In summation, this MindfulMovement4Kids Workshop will cover:
- Tapping into your inner-child.
- Techniques to practice meditation and to integrate mindfulness into your daily life.
- Neuroscience on mindfulness and how it affects the brain.
- Strategies for acknowledging, accepting and navigating intense emotions.
- The role mindfulness plays in communication, connection, and interaction.
- Practices that cultivate positive states of mind like gratitude, kindness, joy, and and compassion.
- Strategies and support for developing a regular “sitting” practices.
Six Areas of Mindfulness
During the workshop we’ll explore six key aspects of mindfulness briefly described below.
Area 1: Mindfulness : Breath
Exploring the motivation for mindfulness practice. Focus is on:
- Mindfulness and Breathing:
- Practice: Breath work
- Application: Self-regulation and the pre-frontal cortex
Area 2: Mindfulness : Body
Importance of feeling the body (the embodied nervous system). Focus is on:
- Body scan and mindful walking.
- Daily consciousness and awareness of the body.
- Mindfulness as an exploration of being human.
Area 3: Mindfulness :
Mindfulness and the Emotions:
Emotions, Neurobiology and thoughts.
Focus here is on:
- Feeling emotions in the body.
- Working with emotional intensity.
- Awareness and self-regulation of the emotions.
Area 4: Mindfulness of the Heart
Cultivating gratitude and kindness practice.
Focus here is on:
- Living fully and in the moment.
- Inner critic silence and forgiveness.
Area 5: Interpersonal Mindfulness
Bringing mindfulness into our daily interactions with others and our environment.
Focus here is on:
- Meaningful communication.
- Our habits of separation.
- Brain Compassion.
Area 6: Daily Mindfulness
Weaving mindfulness into every aspect of our lives with frequency and consistency. Focus here is on:
- What, why and when we eat and drink water.
- Maintaining daily practices that improve being in the moments.
- Exploring and understanding the benefits of applied midnfullness.
Yoga4Kids Training Dates:
"I have absolutely loved this course. I found myself becoming more inspired to teach kids yoga after every session. I'm starting to see lesson plans in everything! You have such extensive knowledge on kid’s yoga and it's been great having access to it these last two weeks. When yoga is here there's magic in the air. I have had the most creative and productive two weeks I've had since Ben was born. It's really confirmed for me the benefits of yoga for children and I feel that if after only two weeks I've had a positive experience, imagine the results for kids doing it on a regular basis. Thank you Suzie, you are so inspiring and you seem to be able to take a lesson from everything which I am working towards doing too. I'm really looking forward to module two and learning more."
I thought it was absolutely wonderful. Suzie's knowledge and energy had me mesmerized throughout the training keeping me in a state of gratitude to finally be embarking on this kind of work. Suzie was well equipped with the online set up and solved any problems that arose quickly and efficiently. I thoroughly enjoyed the lesson plans and the savasanas were amazing. On-line training banished my doubts and I was surprised to still get out everything that I would want in an in- person course.
I have loved the course and learning about a new realm of teaching. The information given is in depth and your content knowledge, and passion, is extraordinary. I have learnt a great deal in such a short span of days. If anything, I have found some fo the information too straight forward only because I am a teacher. I don’t find the idea of teaching children daunting whatsoever, rather that my knowledge in the practise of yoga is lacking. I have been very intimidated this course because although I engage in the yoga practise, I do not practise as in depth as others. However, I have been inspired!
My love for children and my constant desire to make sure the child of me stays with me brought me to Yoga4Kids and I am so blessed to have been given a platform where we can spread the love, kindness, power, strength and freedom that is yoga.Sometimes that pureness and the power that children have is covered up and packed away by society.Yoga4Kids is a doorway for them, a place to express themselves, a safe place where they can just be. Having the opportunity to be with these souls is something that is so surreal and magical. To be able to plant the seed of yoga in the seprecious beings is the greatest gift that has ever been given to me. I am so grateful that I am also part of the WHOLEyChildFoundation - a chance to make a difference. A chance to give them back the power that has been taken from them. No words can give this journey the credit is deserves - it’s something that needs to be experienced. By you.”