Yoga4kids – Children’s Yoga Training
The Yoga4kids Training Academy presents:
The Yoga4Kids Online Foundation Training
Online or In-person training
Welcome to the Children’s Yoga Training. We have trained thousands of beautiful people all over the world (since 2005) to bring the art of joy, calm and balance into the lives of children in effortless fun and interactive way.
The Children’s Yoga Foundation Training is a fun and personal adventure, opening a portal to your inner child. This awakening is part of the training so that you are able to remember how to play and work with children on the mat. While it is intensive, our training will re-ignite your imagination and awaken your creativity and inner joy.
The course also includes a personal mentorship to reconnect with your inner child and higher self.
Who Should Take This Training & Why
- Adult Yoga Teachers who want to incorporate children’s yoga into their teaching.
- Adults seeking to launch a career/business teaching children’s yoga.
- Professionals seeking to expand their current skill set (therapists, school teachers, etc).
- Parents wanting to bring yoga into their homes.
Anyone participating in this training must be in good health and have stable personal circumstances to complete this course with the focus and dedication it requires. The ages of the children you are meant to be teaching with this training are Tots (ages 3 – 7) and Kids (ages 8 – 12).
The Yoga4Kids Foundation Training is about teaching children how to:
- Have fun in a creative & non-competitive space.
- Form a loving & confident relationship with self.
- Live in harmony with self & others.
- Balance the physical, emotional, mental, and energetic bodies of a child.
- Change state, self regulate & manage energy levels.
- Continually shift towards positive emotional behavior and well-being.
Overview of Yoga4Kids Course Content – What you Will Learn
This is an on-line training which is both fun, experiential and resource-based. This training teaches you to bring yoga in a creative way to children from ages 3 – 12. Areas covered include:
- What is yoga and why provide it for children?
- How to access your inner child when teaching and the requirements needed to be an excellent children’s yoga teacher.
- How to teach yoga as a discipline and implementing safe practices in your classroom.
- How to teach age-appropriately and developmental milestones for tots (ages 3 – 7) kids (ages 7 -9) and tweens (ages 10 – 12).
- The structure of a children’s yoga class which includes how to change physical, mental, emotional and energy states.
- Using the breath to open your class and the importance of heart openers and exercises on how to do so.
- Practical examples of meditative and energizing breathing exercises.
- Exploring warm ups and using these as modes of transport.
- Exploring the 38 page Card Deck and 90 Page Postures Booklet to thoroughly understand yoga Asanas and their variations for children.
- Exploring yoga games, imagination and music and other sensorial props to create fun, dynamic and interesting children’s yoga.
- Exploring affirmations, meditations and visualizations for children’s yoga classes.
- Learning Savasana and how to bring relaxation to children.
- Creating age-appropriate lesson plans for tots (ages 3 – 7) kids (ages 7 – 9) and tweens (ages 10 – 12)
- Creating unique and fun lesson plan and examples for every age group.
- Index of books, music, meditations and references
Module 1.2 theory
This is an online and in-person training and the focus is on teaching yoga as a discipline, creating curricula as well as developing psychosocial and interpersonal life skills. These are presented through curricula which include teaching children how to develop a relationship with self and how to empower the self. It is here that we create wellbeing programs for children to maximize their human potential. You will also learn how to encourage children to create a positive and powerful lifestyle associated the disciplines and observances that come with the practice of yoga and observing the language of the heart.
Children’s curricula to be explored in Module 2 are those that will bring about a balance both physically, mentally, emotionally and energetically:
These cover the following areas:
- Why Wellbeing and Life Skills for children are such an important part of your training.
- What is Self-Regulation and how to we encourage regulation in Yoga.
- The Self-Sensory System and how to teach this to children.
- How to explain Emotions and navigate challenging behaviors with children.
- External Environmental Factors and the Elements and how these affect wellbeing.
- The Internal Environment of a Child and how these affect wellbeing.
- Patanjali’s Eight Limbs of Yoga Practice.
- Sound and Mantra – to self regulate and soothe the nervous system of a child.
- Yoga Anatomy – The Chakras.
- Yoga for The Classroom.
- A deeper look into supported postures.
- Foods for Health and Healing for children.
- How to teach correct posture alignment to children.
- Examples of Age-Appropriate Annual Curricula on Wellbeing for Children.
- How to run your children’s yoga as a successful business
What this Course Includes
- 38 page Card Deck and 90 Page Yoga Postures booklet
- Comprehensive Training Manuals per Module
- Resource Pack per Module
- Certificate upon Completion
- A year’s worth of curricula and lesson
- 10 hours of documented Lesson plans on Video
- Invitation to join Yoga Alliance and Yoga Teachers Fellowship upon completion of the homework.
Course Instructors: Suzie Manson (SYT)
Yoga4Kids Training Dates:
"I have absolutely loved this course. I found myself becoming more inspired to teach kids yoga after every session. I'm starting to see lesson plans in everything! You have such extensive knowledge on kid’s yoga and it's been great having access to it these last two weeks. When yoga is here there's magic in the air. I have had the most creative and productive two weeks I've had since Ben was born. It's really confirmed for me the benefits of yoga for children and I feel that if after only two weeks I've had a positive experience, imagine the results for kids doing it on a regular basis. Thank you Suzie, you are so inspiring and you seem to be able to take a lesson from everything which I am working towards doing too. I'm really looking forward to module two and learning more."
I thought it was absolutely wonderful. Suzie's knowledge and energy had me mesmerized throughout the training keeping me in a state of gratitude to finally be embarking on this kind of work. Suzie was well equipped with the online set up and solved any problems that arose quickly and efficiently. I thoroughly enjoyed the lesson plans and the savasanas were amazing. On-line training banished my doubts and I was surprised to still get out everything that I would want in an in- person course.
I have loved the course and learning about a new realm of teaching. The information given is in depth and your content knowledge, and passion, is extraordinary. I have learnt a great deal in such a short span of days. If anything, I have found some fo the information too straight forward only because I am a teacher. I don’t find the idea of teaching children daunting whatsoever, rather that my knowledge in the practise of yoga is lacking. I have been very intimidated this course because although I engage in the yoga practise, I do not practise as in depth as others. However, I have been inspired!
My love for children and my constant desire to make sure the child of me stays with me brought me to Yoga4Kids and I am so blessed to have been given a platform where we can spread the love, kindness, power, strength and freedom that is yoga.Sometimes that pureness and the power that children have is covered up and packed away by society.Yoga4Kids is a doorway for them, a place to express themselves, a safe place where they can just be. Having the opportunity to be with these souls is something that is so surreal and magical. To be able to plant the seed of yoga in the seprecious beings is the greatest gift that has ever been given to me. I am so grateful that I am also part of the WHOLEyChildFoundation - a chance to make a difference. A chance to give them back the power that has been taken from them. No words can give this journey the credit is deserves - it’s something that needs to be experienced. By you.”