The Yoga4kids Training Academy presents:
Our Advanced Teen Training is looking at how to use the art of yoga to equip our youth with the life skills and enrichment programs to navigate their entry into their teenage years with grace and ease. This intensive teaching will give you the language and rapport needed to reach the heart of this generation and the lesson plans and class dynamic to keep our teens true to their own beings and powerful in their individuality.
Who Should Take This Training & Why
The Yoga4Teens Advanced Training is for:
- Adult Yoga Teachers who want to incorporate teen yoga into their teaching.
- Adults seeking to launch a career/business teaching yoga to our teens.
- Professionals seeking to expand their current skill set (physical or occupational therapist, schoolteacher, etc).
- Parents or other caregivers wanting to share a yoga and wellbeing experience with children and teens (at home or elsewhere).
All participants on this course must have a very good understanding and knowledge of yoga and its disciplines. As a career option the Yoga4Teens Advanced Yoga Training is open to qualified adult yoga teachers and any person who has completed the Module 1 and 2 Children s Yoga Foundation Training.
Anyone participating in this training must be in good health and have stable personal circumstances to complete this course with the focus and dedication it requires. The ages of the youth that you will be able to teach is 13 – 18. And this training is all about teaching teens how to:
- Meditate & become midnful.
- Form a loving & confident relationship with self.
- Live in harmony with self &
- Balance the physical, emotional, mental & energetic body.
- Change state, self regulate & manage energy levels.
- Continually shift towards positive emotional behavior & wellbeing.
Overview of the Course
- Understanding of the physiological and psychological changes through adolescence.
- Anatomy and physiology of the Yoga Asanas for teens, including proper alignment.
- Tools of meditation, including an understanding of Mantra, Yoga Nidra, Tratak and Mala.
- A more in-depth study of Pranayama and how to apply breathing to regulate stress and anxiety in teens especially over exam times.
- Swara Yoga and the study of the breath.
- Mudras, including the psycho-physiological postures and movements of the hands.
- A deeper understanding the Tattwas and the internal and external environment and how this plays a role in managing teens.
- Mantra and why it is so powerful for Teens and helping them to regulate.
- Introduction into a self-practice of Ayurveda.
- How to be in Rapport with Teens and how to be a Successful Teen Teacher.
- Building Curricula for Teens covering Journaling, Life Skills, Mentorship and Finding Joy.
- How to teach Teen to build a positive and higher personal vibration.
- Teaching Gratitude to Teens.
- Building Resilience with Yoga4Teens.
- How to Create Dynamic and Practical Teaching Practices for Teens.
A look at Yoga as a Therapy for Teens especially those who fall into the following categories:
- Asthma and IBS
- Anxiety and depression
- Low self-esteem
- Poor Body Image
Yoga4Kids Training Dates:
"I have absolutely loved this course. I found myself becoming more inspired to teach kids yoga after every session. I'm starting to see lesson plans in everything! You have such extensive knowledge on kid’s yoga and it's been great having access to it these last two weeks. When yoga is here there's magic in the air. I have had the most creative and productive two weeks I've had since Ben was born. It's really confirmed for me the benefits of yoga for children and I feel that if after only two weeks I've had a positive experience, imagine the results for kids doing it on a regular basis. Thank you Suzie, you are so inspiring and you seem to be able to take a lesson from everything which I am working towards doing too. I'm really looking forward to module two and learning more."
I thought it was absolutely wonderful. Suzie's knowledge and energy had me mesmerized throughout the training keeping me in a state of gratitude to finally be embarking on this kind of work. Suzie was well equipped with the online set up and solved any problems that arose quickly and efficiently. I thoroughly enjoyed the lesson plans and the savasanas were amazing. On-line training banished my doubts and I was surprised to still get out everything that I would want in an in- person course.
I have loved the course and learning about a new realm of teaching. The information given is in depth and your content knowledge, and passion, is extraordinary. I have learnt a great deal in such a short span of days. If anything, I have found some fo the information too straight forward only because I am a teacher. I don’t find the idea of teaching children daunting whatsoever, rather that my knowledge in the practise of yoga is lacking. I have been very intimidated this course because although I engage in the yoga practise, I do not practise as in depth as others. However, I have been inspired!
My love for children and my constant desire to make sure the child of me stays with me brought me to Yoga4Kids and I am so blessed to have been given a platform where we can spread the love, kindness, power, strength and freedom that is yoga.Sometimes that pureness and the power that children have is covered up and packed away by society.Yoga4Kids is a doorway for them, a place to express themselves, a safe place where they can just be. Having the opportunity to be with these souls is something that is so surreal and magical. To be able to plant the seed of yoga in the seprecious beings is the greatest gift that has ever been given to me. I am so grateful that I am also part of the WHOLEyChildFoundation - a chance to make a difference. A chance to give them back the power that has been taken from them. No words can give this journey the credit is deserves - it’s something that needs to be experienced. By you.”