The Yoga4kids Training Academy presents:
Yoga4kids – Children’s Yoga Vocational Training
Ages 3 – 12
Online or In-person training
Welcome to the Children’s Yoga Training. We have trained thousands of beautiful people all over the world (since 2005) to bring the art of joy, calm and balance into the lives of children in effortless fun and interactive way.
The Children’s Yoga Foundation Training is a fun and personal adventure, opening a portal to your inner child. This awakening is part of the training so that you are able to remember how to play and work with children on the mat. While it is intensive, our training will re-ignite your imagination and awaken your creativity and inner joy.
The course also includes a personal mentorship to reconnect with your inner child and higher self.
Level 1 60 Hour Yoga4kids Training includes card deck
4 Days and 2 Evening Meetings
40 hours live (20 hours Homework)
Click on this page to take you to another page that has the following details:
Level 2 100 hour Children’s Yoga Foundation Training
Includes MindfulMovement4Kids for 100 hour Yoga4kids training (hyperlink to MindfulMovement4Kids Training)
In Person Training
4 Days Training dates and Venues
South Africa Cape Town
South Africa Johannesburg
Section 2 – Who Should Take This Training & Why
- Adult Yoga Teachers who want to incorporate children’s yoga into their
- Adults seeking to launch a career/business teaching children’s
- Professionals seeking to expand their current skill set (therapists, school teachers, etc).
All participants on this course must have a very good understanding and knowledge of yoga and its disciplines. As a career option, the Yoga4Kids Foundation Training is open to both qualified adult yoga teachers and non-adult qualified yoga teachers (hereafter referred to as regular students).
Regular students must have a:
- Track record of practiced hours of yoga classes before, during or after their training; and
- Basic understanding of the philosophy of yoga in
Anyone participating in this training must be in good health and have stable personal circumstances to complete this course with the focus and dedication it requires. The ages of the children you are meant to be teaching with this training are Tots (ages 3 – 7) and Kids (ages 8 – 12).
The Yoga4Kids Foundation Training is about teaching children how to:
- Have fun in a creative & non-competitive
- Form a loving & confident relationship with
- Live in harmony with self &
- Balance the physical, emotional, mental and energetic
- Change state, self regulate & manage energy
- Continually shift towards positive emotional behavior and
Overview of Yoga4Kids Course Content – What you Will Learn
This is an on-line training which is both fun, experiential and resource-based. This training teaches you to bring yoga in a creative way to children from ages 3 – 12. Areas covered include:
- What is yoga and why provide it for children?
- How to access your inner child when teaching and the requirements needed to be an excellent children’s yoga
- How to teach yoga as a discipline and implementing safe practices in your
- How to teach age-appropriately and developmental milestones for tots (ages 3 – 7) kids (ages 7 -9) and tweens (ages 10 – 12).
- The structure of a children’s yoga class which includes how to change physical, mental, emotional and energy
- Using the breath to open your class and the importance of heart openers and exercises on how to do
- Practical examples of meditative and energizing breathing
- Exploring warm ups and using these as modes of
- Exploring the 38 page Card Deck and 90 Page Postures Booklet to thoroughly understand yoga Asanas and their variations for children.
- Exploring yoga games, imagination and music and other sensorial props to create fun, dynamic and interesting children’s yoga
- Exploring affirmations, meditations and visualizations for children’s yoga
- Learning Savasana and how to bring relaxation to
- Creating age-appropriate lesson plans for tots (ages 3 – 7) kids (ages 7 – 9) and tweens (ages 10 – 12
- Creating unique and fun lesson plan and examples for every age group.
- Index of books, music, meditations and
Module 1.2 theory
This is an online and in-person training and the focus is on teaching yoga as a discipline, creating curricula as well as developing psychosocial and interpersonal life skills. These are presented through curricula which include teaching children how to develop a relationship with self and how to empower the self. It is here that we create wellbeing programs for children to maximize their human potential. You will also learn how to encourage children to create a positive and powerful lifestyle associated the disciplines and observances that come with the practice of yoga and observing the language of the heart.
Children’s curricula to be explored in Module 2 are those that will bring about a balance both physically, mentally, emotionally and energetically:
These cover the following areas:
- Why Wellbeing and Life Skills for children are such an important part of your
- What is Self-Regulation and how to we encourage regulation in
- The Self-Sensory System and how to teach this to
- How to explain Emotions and navigate challenging behaviors with
- External Environmental Factors and the Elements and how these affect
- The Internal Environment of a Child and how these affect
- Patanjali’s Eight Limbs of Yoga
- Sound and Mantra – to self regulate and soothe the nervous system of a
- Yoga Anatomy – The
- Yoga for The
- A deeper look into supported
- Foods for Health and Healing for
- How to teach correct posture alignment to
- Examples of Age-Appropriate Annual Curricula on Wellbeing for
- How to run your children’s yoga as a successful business
[wap_widget title=”Book now!” large open center staff=”2″ ]