Our Advanced Teen Training is looking at how to use the art of yoga to equip our youth with the life skills and enrichment programs to navigate their entry into their teenage years with grace and ease. This intensive teaching will give you the language and rapport needed to reach the heart of this generation and the lesson plans and class dynamic to keep our teens
true to their own beings and powerful in their individuality.
And you may want to consider taking these other trainings offered by Yoga4Kids (contact us for a descriptive overview on either):
Section 2 – Who Should Take This Training & Why
- Adult Yoga Teachers who want to incorporate teen yoga into their
- Adults seeking to launch a career/business teaching yoga to our teens.
- Professionals seeking to expand their current skill set (physical or occupational therapist, school teacher, etc).
- Parents or other caregivers wanting to share a yoga and wellbeing experience with children and teens (at home or elsewhere)
All participants on this course must have a very good understanding and knowledge of yoga and its disciplines. As a career option the Yoga4Teens Advanced Yoga Training is open to qualified adult yoga teachers and any person who has completed the Module 1 and 2 Children s Yoga Foundation Training.
Anyone participating in this training must be in good health and have stable personal circumstances to complete this course with the focus and dedication it requires. The ages of the youth that you will be able to teach is 13 – 18. And this training is all about teaching teens how to:
- Meditate & become
- Form a loving & confident relationship with
- Live in harmony with self &
- Balance the physical, emotional, mental & energetic
- Change state, self regulate & manage energy
- Continually shift towards positive emotional behavior &
Section 3 - Certification to Increase Your Career Options
Suzie Manson is a certifed Senior Yoga Teacher and Trainer with the Yoga Alliance and the Yoga Teachers Fellowship of Southern Africa (YFTSA).
The Yoga4kids Training Academy is recognised as an nternational Yoga School by nternational Yoga Federation. The Yoga4Kids training courses have met the stringent requirements set by Yoga Alliance Professionals (United Kingdom) and YTFSA. Our graduates are trained to the highest standard and are eligible to register with Yoga Alliance Professionals (United Kingdom) and the YTFSA who accredit teachers around the world.
This is essential not only for being a qualifed and respected teacher in your own country, but also if you’re considering teaching abroad.
You will be certifed to teach after successful completion of our Yoga4Teen Foundation Training (Modules 4. 1 and 4.2 including both theory and practical) . This includes completion of homework and a practical exam.
Upon successful completion of the 60 Hour Advanced Yoga4Teens training you will be eligible to join the Yoga Teachers Fellowship of South Africa who will Internationally accredit you as a Children/Teen Yoga Teacher.
Our foundational Course Graduates may also be eligible for a Yoga Alliance Professionals membership if:
- You are already qualified as an adult yoga
- You are a professional in a field or specialty relating to
This would make you an affiliate member for which we can provide information upon request.
– qualified Adult Yoga Teachers (who have completed a foundation teacher training course which meets Yoga Alliance Professionals standards) will be eligible to upgrade. There is a once off fee for this. You would then receive an additional badge to show you have completed the Yoga4Kids Foundation Training vocational course.
Note that as a student of any Yoga4Kids training course, you may consent to your contact details (name, email and phone number) being passed onto our partners, Yoga Alliance Professionals and the Yoga Teachers Fellowship, so they can contact you directly and invite you to register as a Trainee and Teacher. You have the option of opting out of this registration process.
Section 4 – Fees & Breakdown of Course Hours
Contact Hours with SYT
with Other Teachers
Total Hours (65)
Mod. 4.1 : Theory
As stated previously, the Yoga4Teens Advanced Training is a 60 hour accredited children’s vocational training course. The Principal Senior Yoga Teacher (SYT) for this training is Suzie Manson and Katya Salvador (YT).
Module 4.1: Theory (2 days)
Module 4.2: Theory (2 days)
Saturday & Sunday: 9:30am – 6:30pm Saturday & Sunday: 9:30am – 6:30pm
Homework & Teaching
Section 5 – Detailed Description of Content Covered
As shown above, the Yoga4Teens Advanced Training is comprised of one module ( which has a theoretical and practical component) which cover a very comprehensive:
- Workshop attendance & participation,
- Teaching & observation of prescribed classes/online
- Completion of homework as assigned