Online or In-person training
Suzie offers an 8 week online and individual YogaTherapy4Parents support platform. This platform offers a wealth of information on how to regulate and manage your child. It also offers an incredible bespoke guide to breathing, yoga and mindfulness exercises for your child/ren. These can be done every day at home to regulate, soothe and calm and move your children out of “fight, flight, and freeze” state of being into a place of “attend and befriend.” These online high support sessions also offer parents a platform from which to find their own balance and calm and re-establish their centre and find their highest vibration from which to re-calibrate every day. A happy, centred and calm parent means a happy centred and calm child.
Suzie also offers private individual yoga as a therapy for children with challenges from her studio.
Why Yoga as a Therapy for Special Needs Children
Children with special needs may not be able to participate in a conventional yoga class and may need one-on-one attention.
Yoga as a therapy provides a much needed holistic and emotional approach to children.
Yoga supports motivation, confidence, and self-esteem, often lacking in children with challenges and affecting their ability to participate and progress.
The yoga postures assist in relieving and managing symptoms of their conditions and improve overall function, health, and wellbeing.
This form of yoga can help to change the relationship to, and identification with, the child’s challenges.
Benefits of Yogatherapy4kids
The ability to self-regulate and change state The ability to move into the heart centre
- The ability to become mindful
- The ability to find glimmers of joy
- Forming a relationship with self
- Building self-esteem and self-worth
- Social interaction through play
- Soothing of the nervous system
- Speech and language development
- Physical benefits such as strength, flexibility, and balance
- Mental benefits such as focus and concentration
- Emotional benefits such as being calm, centred, grounded, free and open.
- Therapeutic benefits such as sensory integration, bilateral coordination, postural control, motor planning, etc.